Special to The Sun
Residential Sewer Billing is based on water usage. Now is the TIME to CONSERVE water and SAVE MONEY on your Sewer Bill over the Next YEAR!
Wakulla County utilizes the winter months average method for sewer billing. With this method, the amount billed for sewer each month is the average of the actual number of gallons used during December, January, and February.
This typically is beneficial for customers who use more water during the summer months than they do during the winter months.
Important notes about your winter months average:
- Pay attention to when your water meter is read – your December bill will generally have some November usage. Start conserving now!
- Take time during these months to review actual water usage – if it seems high – LOOK for leaks and repair them immediately!
- Talquin water customers will see your new sewer winter months average on your April 2024 bill.
- Sopchoppy and PAWs water customers will see new sewer winter months average on your March 2024 bill.
Did You Know….
- A running toilet can add up to 200 gallons of water usage per day.
- A faucet that leaks one drop per second can waste 17 gallons per day.
- The base rate for sewer is $39.04. This includes the first 2,000 gallons of water usage. Each additional 1,000 gallons is $5.86. (rate schedule as of 11/8/2023)